Don't believe it? Do any of the following apply to you?
- Worrying endlessly about something to the point that you lose sleep?
- Trying so hard that you fail miserably.
- Knowing the right thing to do, yet you do the worst thing you could do.
- Beating yourself up over ________.
One of the best ways to get back on course is to add elegance to your brain function.
The heart is the way to go. Did you know that when you are stressed you are using different neural pathways than when you aren't? By using the power of your heart as a catalyst, you engage the prefrontal cortex, as opposed to activating your survival mechanisms - flight or fight.
The prefrontal cortex is responsible for the expression of personality, moderating social behaviour like choosing what is appropriate to say, predicting future events and decision-making. In the words of your kindergarten teacher, it's part of your "thinking cap".
Open the door to your heart and activate some genuine heart-felt feelings with some simple to use techniques. Then, marvel at how easily and elegantly your "thinking cap" works!
- When do you do your best work?
- How are you feeling?
- Have you noticed stress getting in the way of your ability to make sound decisions?