Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Ten Sneaky Little Health and Well-Being Tricks
2. Long line at the store? Use this time to do some Kegel exercises, stretches and leg lifts. These are a few examples of exercises that aren't overly obvious.
3. You can easily reduce the salt in a recipe when it calls for cheese.
4. Long ago, I realised that a sandwich didn't need butter. Condiments like mustard or mayonnaise over-ride that buttery taste. So, why add extra fat? If you're having toast and jam, leave it to toast and jam.
5. Are you an impulse-shopper? Rather than getting angry at the long line-up. Use the time to reconsider your purchase. Do you really need that bag of chips or litre of ice-cream? Look at the line-up as the universe's way of helping you stick to your budget or diet!
6. A sure-fire way to ensure you get a walk or three in every day is to get a dog. They need to go regardless of whether or not you feel like it.
7. Struggling to fall asleep in the heat? Tuck an ice-pack or three into your pillow-case. You'll cool off surprisingly quickly and soon you'll be dreaming of swimming with the fish!
8. Always carry a healthy snack with you. For me, it's some fruit and a few nuts.
9. Are you getting enough water? If you don't like water, start by increasing the amount you drink by half a cup each day.
10. Red lights. A perfect time to check in on how you are breathing and feeling and make a positive shift. Learn how here.
Related Post: Ten Suggestions for Undressing Your Stress
Image courtesy of Vjeran Lisjak.