Unfortunately, a fall resulted in a strained, sprained and broken arm and two broken ribs. On go the brakes to a number of activities.
It was difficult to get comfortable - broken arm on one side and ribs on the other. Every breath hurt and sleep was difficult as I had to be propped into place and cradled by a mountain of pillows - imprisoned for the night in a mountain of down and fibrefill.
Naturally, my business activities stopped, as did my participation in social networking. I felt like a turtle tucking into its shell as I worked to minimise pain and maximise healing.
It was no surprise that one of the first people to notice my absence on Twitter was Jacqui Poindexter. Oh, the synchrony of this post! It is evident that Jacqui uses this attention to detail, plus a plethora of many other hard and soft skills in her work as a Master Resume Writer. The stress of unemployment can dull one's self-esteem. It is a comfort to know that Jacqui is there, helping you shine brightly, like so many facets on a diamond. In addition to being bright, caring and engaging, she has a terrific ability to unearth and accentuate one's positive attributes.
An inability to look for the positives is both a sign and symptom of stress. A cascade of stress hormones is released when you simmer in negative thoughts and emotions. The paradox is that these stress hormones then contribute to more of the same.
Learn to apply heart-driven techniques to your day and soak in positive thoughts and emotions, more frequently. This improves your emotional, mental and physical health and provides you with the resilience to bounce back faster from set-backs - including broken bones!
Here is what I'm thankful for when I reflect back against this accident:
- I was helped up by two women who happened to walk by where I had fallen
- I managed to drive myself home
- I only had to wait for an hour in Emergency
- I didn't stick my hands out when I fell; this could have resulted in broken wrists
- My right hand is functional
- It's summer, so dressing is much easier
- I've had many offers of prayers, distance healing and positive vibes (Take whatever is on offer - it can't hurt and it may just speed healing!)
- Gifted chiropractic treatment
- La-Z-Boy Chair!
To be continued...
Thanks to href="http://www.sxc.hu/profile/Zela">Marja Flick-Buijs for another fine image!